Today is proving to be a LONG day, but I'm not complaining! We left ORD today at 3PM and landed in LAX at 5:30. Unfortunately we have a very long layover in LAX, as our travel agent thought we needed the extra time....too bad he doesn't know me very well! I will run, jump, skip and hop to avoid spending any extra time at an airport!!! I push it EVERYTIME I fly. I know I have exactly 45 mins to check in with the kiosks, 60 minutes to check bags, 10 mins on avg to get through security, and on and on, LOL! Do I sound like George Clooney from "In the Air"? HA, HA, HA.... Fortunately for us, we don't have to worry about having a tight connection in LAX. Our layover is 6 hours!!! We take off at 11:50 PST for Brisbane, Australia. We land at 7:45AM Brisbane time. We plan on sleeping most of the way so we are alert and ready to rock once we land.
After a short 2 hour layover in Brisbane, we are off to Cairns (pronounced CANS). I plan to be in my swimsuit, with a cocktail in hand, and on the beach by 2PM Cairns time!
For those of you who are learning about Australia through this journey, Brisbane is on the Northeast tip of Australia, it is approximately 3 hours (1000 miles) flying time to Cairns, which is just do West. Cairns is in Northern Queensland and is one of the major cities located within an hour boatride to the Great Barrier Reef. We will fly into Cairns and take a short shuttle (40 miles) to our destination in the reef - Port Douglas. Port Douglas seemed to be the best spot to call home for our short 4 days in the GBR. It is centrally located in the reef, close to the airport, and within an hour drive to the Daintree National Park. This is a GREAT PLACE to be - the Daintree Cape Tribulation coast is where the GBR and the Daintree Rainforest meet, the only place on earth where two World Heritage exist side by side! Port Douglas was also just named #3 by Australian Traveller Magazine's list of the 100 best towns in Australia!
Needless to say, we are very excited!!! Another 2 short hours to go in LAX. Till I write again....see you in Port Douglas!
XOXO
Friday, December 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment